By W R Jones
On a walk yesterday we picked up more than 50 plastic water bottles, soda, and beer cans. Doesn’t ANYONE teach their children not to litter? Every household and every apartment has trash cans, can’t these people wait until they get home?
Hell no. You look at the parking lot of a grocery store and see trash everywhere. There are litter receptacles just outside the door. If you can’t wait to get home to eat that ice cream bar shit-for-brains, stand by the trash can to unwrap instead of walking 50 feet then dropping the wrapper on the ground.
Here are my proposals:
1. No more plastic water bottles. If you insist on paying $1.30 for some water, you must buy an authorized hard reuseable bottle for $10 ($3 of which is mine for coming up with this idea). Then at filling stations, grocery stores, etc, you can pay your money to refill YOUR bottle. There would be an ID associated with each bottle. If you lose it and it is found on the street or in a landfill, $1000 fine ($300 of which is mine for coming up with this idea).
2. I would follow the lead of England and place cameras at areas that collect a lot of trash. Those caught dumping anything would be fined enough to pay for the cameras, people to man the cameras, and a first class flight for me to europe.
We also found two cans of spray paint in the bushes by the high school. I’m all for killing outright those graffiti people. I’ll get into the details of my graffiti solution in another post.
I probably should have ran for president. For those of you who think my ideas too middle of the road for me to get elected, think again. I would have won by a landslide. I know this because I am special. I know I am special because I keep getting mail telling me so. They tell me I have been especially selected to receive this offer. I get enough of these to know somewhere Bambi has lost his forest, he will soon be road kill (maybe in time for Thanksgiving dinner).
If we think logically for a moment (but only for a moment) and take the intersection of all these offers, I must be the only one special enough to get more votes than there are people in the country.
Oh oh, I just had a scary thought – anyone as popular as me will be having people who want to take pot shots at me, like the neighbors for instance.
I have been chain tagged by three at once. This is call gang chaining I guess. I would normally ignore it but I have great respect for the painting/writing skills of my taggers so I will (sort of) keep it going.
1. put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. list 7 unusual things about yourself
3. tag 7 other bloggers and let them know
RULE 1. Bonnie
silvina (Studio 280)
RULE 2. I don’t think so; there is nothing unusual about me. Mediocrity is my curse. If something comes to mind later I will fill this part in.
RULE 3. Cara Dawn Romero hey, if you are not painting you
may as well be blogging
Carol King you just finished a painting
so you have time for this
Barbara Pask this is what you get for commenting
Connie Snipes Connie – I always liked you
Dar We haven’t heard from you in a while –
this should wake you up
Diana Moses Botkin Maybe you can follow behind me and
clean up my comment litter
Rebecca You have not been painting
my weed so take this!