Me doing a demo
I have to do a painting demonstration this morning. I am always a bit on edge for this procedure although I have done it many many times. The key is careful preparation. I like to have on hand:
– lox, bagels, cream cheese, latkes, souffles, omelet bar, freshly roasted coffee, grits, country ham, gravy and biscuits, freshly squeezed orange juice, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, and bacon
– more than one canvas in case I suddenly go spastic and blur the first attempt beyond recognition
– a TV broadcasting election results (I’m hoping for a rousing mix of extreme liberals, and hard rights)
– tap shoes
– knife for my side, and nail for my coffin
– tape for Ron’s mouth (and DEFINITELY a quaalude for him )
– white flag
– dog and pony
– 3-D glasses
– aroma of hydrogen sulfide
– swing music
It’s a little tricky to gather this all up, but in the end my nerves are thankful for the back-up plan. The painting demonstration is not for the faint at heart.
I feel a fever coming on.