I love this question from people who mistake my life for one they would like to have:
Do you paint every day?
(Doubles over guffawing)
Here is a list of things that I do as part of my life being an artist:
– I shop for supplies
– I do my own framing to save money
– I teach
– I varnish paintings
– I stretch canvases
– I shop for still life props
– I photograph my work
– I get my work into the computer to print cards, flyers, etc. to send out digitally or through snail mail
– I blog about painting and put up with Bill
– I deliver paintings to my gallery (and just yesterday, I’ll have you know, I risked my life driving for two hours in the worst deluge Southern California has ever seen for the sake of delivering my work.)
Given more time, I’m sure I could come up with more. Right about now, you’re probably thinking that this post seems like an addendum to the last one, and that an awful lot of whining is going on about my “job” or lack thereof. I’ll bet you’ll all be glad to see Bill back next week.