The Art of the Painting DemonstrationJanuary 30, 2008
Me doing a demo
I have to do a painting demonstration this morning. I am always a bit on edge for this procedure although I have done it many many times. The key is careful preparation. I like to have on hand:
- lox, bagels, cream cheese, latkes, souffles, omelet bar, freshly roasted coffee, grits, country ham, gravy and biscuits, freshly squeezed orange juice, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, and bacon
- more than one canvas in case I suddenly go spastic and blur the first attempt beyond recognition
- a TV broadcasting election results (I’m hoping for a rousing mix of extreme liberals, and hard rights)
- tap shoes
- knife for my side, and nail for my coffin
- tape for Ron’s mouth (and DEFINITELY a quaalude for him )
- white flag
- dog and pony
- 3-D glasses
- aroma of hydrogen sulfide
- swing music
It’s a little tricky to gather this all up, but in the end my nerves are thankful for the back-up plan. The painting demonstration is not for the faint at heart.
I feel a fever coming on.